viernes, 27 de noviembre de 2009

Belated Thanksgiving

I know Thanksgiving was yesterday (well, here it was 2 days ago, cause it is already Saturday...), and I know we dont celebrate that holiday here in Spain, but I always like that day, cause it makes me think of all the people in the US that I love, and, also because it gives the chance to ponder a little bit about the things I am thankful for.

I am grateful for being alive, sometimes we take that for granted, but our lives are a great gift from God.And I am grateful cause I have all the basic things that we need in life:food, a house, clothes, a job; things that thousands of people, all around the world, dont have, so I am a privileged

I am grateful for my family, the example of my parents, their love, and for having such a
great brother, I am so proud of the man he has become.

I am also very grateful for my friends, for being always there for me, for the moments we laugh and the moments we cry, for helping me to be a better person, and for what I learn from them.

I am thankful for my passion to learn, and for all the opportunities that I have to do it, I wish I were faster and smarter in doing it, but I am grateful for the experience that I have gained through the years, and I hope I will be able to learn more in the future, and to be faithful to what I learnt, which is something hard for me sometimes too.

I am grateful for the beauty of this world, and all the blessings that it gives us, and I really hope we all work hard to make it better, cause theres still a lot to do for the people and the enviroment.

I am grateful for little things that make me happy and smile:music, reading, writing, chocolate, traveling, theater, and many, many more.

I am grateful for all my weakness, and my strengths, for my trials (although these sometimes are hard for me to understand) and opportunities, cause all of them help to grow and to be humble, wich is something that I really need to improve.

I am thankful for knowing that our life has a meaning, and we are not alone; sometimes I wish I had a clear understanding of some things that were easier for me in the past, but I am grateful for being in peace with myself, and my sincere desires to at least try to do the right thing.

I am grateful for my health.

And I also very grateful for being a little bit crazy, cause that keeps me sane many times :-)

I really hope you had a great Thanksgiving day.

2 comentarios:

Marta F. Rebollos dijo...

Tienes mucha razón. Solemos dar por hechas algunas cosas que tenemos y no nos damos cuenta de que somos verdaderamente privilegiados.

Emily dijo...

I had a great Thanksgiving... So much to be thankful for! :)

Cute blog-